Best team ever?
- Brandon Peters looked like a real quarterback. Not terribly mobile but could scamper if he needed to. Smart at picking up first downs and not making mistakes.
- Akron is bad.
- Akron’s mascot is good.
- The road to the College Football Playoff is more alive than ever.
- We didn’t all instantaneously lose all morality because they sold beer at the stadium.
- We play UConn next week. By all accounts, they’re also very bad.
- Here are some Twitter takes from the game:
Listen to a discussion of the Akron game on the newest episode of The 200 Level
(Mike Carpenter / The 200 Level)
This should make you very angry.
(Christine Herman / Illinois Public Media)
Get a load of this sign from yesterday’s Labor Day Parade in Urbana
Would like the record to reflect that “drunkedness” is not a word by any measure.
I’ll be the first person to take issue with something that batshit Editorial Board writes. What’s also important here is local media as a whole, and the fact that it is quickly drying up. No one covers C-U like the Gazette is able to. Lack of local ownership has me concerned about the future.
Maybe if we payed teachers a respectable wage, we wouldn’t have this problem. Hmm.
(Lee V. Gaines / Illinois Public Media)
(Gavin Good / Smile Politely)
(Samantha Boyle / Daily Illini)
High school football: Not C-U’s finest export